What is the ISO 22000 Standard?
The consequences of unsafe food can be serious and result in heavy financial losses as well as impact on company image. As food safety hazards may be introduced at any stage of the food chain, adequate control throughout the food chain is essential. ISO 22000 food safety management standard helps organizations identify and control food safety hazards. Many of today's food products cross national boundaries, international Standard like ISO 22000 helps to ensure the safety of the global food supply chain. ISO 22000 ensures integrity of food supply chain by minimizing food-borne hazards throughout the food chain by ensuring that there are no weak links This standard also helps food manufacturers who are under pressure to meet various customer requirements.
The standard is designed for food manufacturers who want to establish sound processes & system to ensure consistent production and supply of its food product to the public. It also helps those companies who supply their products to major food retailers or major branded food companies.
ISO 22000 sets out the requirements for a food safety management system and controls needed for an effective system. It defines what an organization needs to do to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food being made and distributed is safe. It can be used by any organization regardless of the type of food product it makes and its size or position in the food chain.
Main sections (clauses) of ISO 22000 address requirements relating to:
- Food Safety System Requirements
- Food Safety Management Requirements
- Food Safety Resource Requirements
- Food Safety Realization Requirements
- Food Safety Confirmation Requirements
Benefits of ISO 22000 Certification:
- Introduce internationally recognized processes to your business
- Conformity of food product & services to international standard
- Recognition & acceptance of your quality & controls by global retailers or major branded food companies
- Give stakeholders assurance in your hazard controls
- Give suppliers and stakeholders assurance in your food quality, safety & reliability
- Access to export markets for your food products
- Introduce transparency around accountability and responsibilities
- Continually improve and update your systems so it stays effective
TO SEE CERTIFIATION PROCESS FLOW CHART: Please Select The Link Below
FOR QUOTE REQUEST: Please either complete the application below and submit at DAS@dascertificationusa.com
Or send us an email Or send us request through the link “Contact Us” above